What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned from the person you’re the closest to?
One of the things about me that some find strange is that I don’t have one person that I am especially close to. I have my best friends – plural. They are a mixture of men and women, of different talents and different personalities, and I have different opinions of them all. A best friend of mine is someone who I have interest in, and someone who has interest in me, and who I get on especially well with, not to mention someone I trust – someone I can confide in, someone I can tell something to keep as a secret.
The great thing about having so many close friends is that questions like these become so much easier. Each of my best friends have admirable qualities, qualities you can learn from, as well as qualities which bring out good and bad qualities of your own. Someone who can help you learn about yourself can be interesting, and if they have other qualities which you like (as my friends have) then you can also have a great time.
The biggest thing that I have learnt from the people I am closest to is that I am better than I thought I was. The fact that I managed to become best friends with all these amazing people shows, as they said once, that I have to be equally as nice. As I remember I appreciated this confidence boost in what was a bad time. I have never, and still haven’t, had much confidence in my personality or abilities, but my friends make me feel better – in whatever interpretation you may choose of that word.
The one thing I have yet to learn from them is whether I can pay them back for all they’ve done for me in the time I’ve known them. Let this be an Ode to my friends.
- Friends | The Magic Black Book
- You want to see best friends against the world? | From One Crazy Life To Another
- Daily Prompt: BFFs | Journeyman
- Voices | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- A Speck Of Green – Part 1(Looking for Dad) | The Jittery Goat
- Kith and kin | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: BFFs | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- things to learn | y
- Learning the lesson of love… Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- DP Daily Prompt: BFFS | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt – Lesson Learned: A Haiku; Tuesday, January 28, 2014 | LisaRosier.com