Write a post entirely in the present tense.
As I smell the first coffee of the morning I am reminded of the previous day and of every other day. I am in a routine. This is my life. The routine is the framework of my life. Without it, I don’t think that I can survive. The coffee is the pinnacle of the act of a routine. For me, it signifies everything in a morning – the morning headache, the aching limbs, the over-perfumed shower, the rushing about getting your stuff, hastily leaving the flat without your keys and have to knock to get back in. This is now.
With a coffee in hand as I write this, I smell the nutty aroma of the evil, black liquid that resides within my ‘KEEP CALM AND PLAY ON’ mug. When I drink coffee I relax, unlike some people who “get a high” off it. I don’t understand this idea. Sure – caffeine excites the brain (and whatever) but, for me at least, it’s refreshing.
Coffee in the morning is the morning for me. Some say it’s a bad habit to drink coffee, and indeed any kind of caffeine. I just think that it’s okay to drink some. It hasn’t done any harm so far. I recall someone saying “Coffee reduces your risk of getting Alzheimer’s”. However, with pressure on both sides of the argument, will I continue drinking my seemingly harmless and certainly irresistible coffee? What do I do now?
- The Steps Of St. Paul’s | Experimental Fiction
- A Speck Of Green Part 2 (From Steve’s Window) | The Jittery Goat
- Enjoy YOUR present | From One Crazy Life To Another
- Punch my mind, why don’t you? Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Harder than it is | Casually Short
- write here, write now. | hitting a brick wall
- of reasons « Anawnimiss
- Yellowstone snow coaches — then and now | Exploratorius
- Now | maritacamille
- Post in the Present Tense | Sunday Epidemic
- Love, actually | ब्लॉगते रहो
- [M.M.X.I.V. 29] TA busywork | Never A Worry
- 32 Minutes | Daily Prompt: Write Here, Write Now | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Write Here, Write Now | Being a Huntress
- Daily Prompt: Write Here, Write Now | Journeyman
- we connect to | y