You’re at the beach, lounging on your towel, when a glistening object at the water’s edge catches your eye. It’s a bottle — and yes, it contains a message. What does it say?
Sorry for the late post. Today’s post is another short one, due to unholy amounts of work.
Do you ever get that feeling of utter weightlessness when you’re falling asleep? Or perhaps that shock when you’re dreaming about falling down stairs and you “land” on your bed when you wake up? If not then I’m just as mad as I thought I was before. However, if there are people who have experienced similar things then you may know the feeling when you dream of utter chaos – things you cannot see clearly, loud noises, dread – and you start to panic in your sleep. This has happened to me in many a night. Similarly, I have experienced the exact opposite, whereby you feel utterly calm and peaceful. Often when this happens in my sleep I am dreaming of sitting on a beach on a tropical island. It’s my mind’s construction of purity, complete with a beautiful evening sunset. Here, in the mellow light of the glowing sky (almost like a homely fire!), I sometimes think of answers to questions I had had problems figuring out before. Despite me wanting it to happen more often, this experience is something I have every month or so.
I think that the water in my dreams is the symbol of a mess of ideas – my head. Out of this chaotic mess first shines delicate little lights – the reflection of the sun. These symbolise solutions to my problems, that become apparent from within the chaos of my mind. The sunset symbolises that answers to problems may only become apparent at the last moment. The things I see in the water are my solutions.
- It’s wonderful world | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Ethical Professor Boynton; Part 2 (Nothing to do with today’s Daily Prompt.) | The Jittery Goat
- Water | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: SOS | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Drown | 365 days of defiance
- Water – Daily Prompt | Linda Long Writes!
- Daily Prompt: SOS | Thoughts of an INFP
- A Summer Invitation | Pairings :: Art + What Goes With It
- S. Thomas Summers: Writing with some Ink and a Hammer | Bit by Bit by Bit: Fiction Writers, Please Lend an Opinion
- Water | The Land Slide Photography
- DP Daily Prompt: SOS | Sabethville
- Bound to the Shore | Exploratorius
- Daily Prompt: SOS | The Daily Post | L5GN
- (Daily Prompt: SOS) Message in A Bottle | Step It Up
- Perchance to Dream | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Emergency Measures | The Dragon Weyr
- TAKE A MOMENT TO ENVY ME | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: SOS | Tommia’s Tablet
- “A hundred billion bottles” | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: SOS | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- it will flow | peacefulblessedstar
- daily prompt: SOS | aimanss…
- Water… | Ana Linden
- Call Me, Vogue! | Haiku By Ku
- SOS: A Watery Pic | Khana’s Web
- Daily Prompt: SOS | | Photography, Pain & Life
- Daily Prompt: SOS | Finding Life
- Bean-O | Charron’s Chatter
- Ashes To Earth: May you Rest Peacefully in the Water « psychologistmimi
- Three Layers Of Water | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: SOS | Basically Beyond Basic
- S.O.S. | Home’s Cool!
- Fate | Buzzy Beez
- Daily Prompt: SOS/Water | Wordz on a Page
- Daily prompt: SOS | laura-in-china
- Daily Prompt: SOS | Iwannabealady
- Nisqually – A Short Story | Kilbo – Chris Kilbourn
- SOS | Passionately Bored
- Message in a Bottle: Eulogy for Joshua and Star – Daily Prompt | Write now?
- Get Me Some Water | Just Visiting This Planet
- DP: Water | As I See It
- Ice Cream | amarllyis
- Daily Prompt: SOS | Life is great
- A message from the universe. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Mesajul din sticlă | Mort La Datorie