Look in the mirror. Does the person you see match the person you feel like on the inside? How much stock do you put in appearances?
Looking in the mirror, for me, is like reading my unwritten autobiography. People say that you can see a lot about a person through their eyes. This applies to me as well, even when it’s me looking at myself. I see how I feel. It’s a strange combination of words – “I see how I feel“. Rather like someone saying “I feel like it’s Tuesday” rather than “It’s Tuesday”. Sometimes it’s good to remember things by seeing them through yourself, because it’s quite a subtle way of doing so.
I’m such an emotional person in truth. I go through many emotions in a week, and seeing myself in a mirror is like predicting what’s going to happen that day. What I’m trying to say is I think, if I look hard enough, you always look like how you feel. I think everyone is the same, everyone’s face, everyone’s eyes all tell a tale. Depending on how you look at yourself you can see your past and your experiences, as well as how your feeling at that time. It’s such an interesting experience.
Of course, everyone covers up how they’re feeling. I know I do sometimes. But mirrors act as both a tool for seeing yourself on the outside as well as on the inside, if you look right. Because underneath all the skin and clothes, there’s a heart. Being mirrored is not just about seeing the outside, it’s about cutting to the inside.
- The Mirrored Self | The Magic Black Book
- Fishing | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily prompt: Mirror Mirror | The Wandering Poet
- They tell a different story | Hope* the happy hugger
- Insanity | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: Mirror Mirror | Thoughts of an INFP
- Infinity Pool | Exploratorius | Photo Hack & Curious Wanderer