There are 344 days remaining in the year. Describe what you’d like to be doing on day 211. (Hint: that’s July 30th.)
Usually my brother and I don’t get along at all. We are exact opposites in every way imaginable. We both have completely different interests, completely different looks, completely different ways of approaching things, etc. That being said July 30th is the only day we get along. It’s his birthday.
This one day I make him feel even more in the centre of attention (he’s a bit of a drama queen) and make an effort to not get annoyed. I usually get him a present too, something quite large and reasonably expensive too! It’s my way of trying to get to him and try to make a fresh year. As he gets older by another year, I expect a certain level of maturity, more so every year. This is natural of course.
When my brother was born I thought (or so I was told by our mum) that my little brother was the most wonderful thing in the universe. When we were little he would come with the other four of us to play in our village where we lived at the time, and we had a lot of fun together. Then when we moved away from the village things became more turbulent. My brother is and always has been a softy. He used to hate water-fights, because he didn’t like being the victim even if everyone else was also getting soaked! When we moved into the city, he had to move school, and this caused him a lot of problems.
He used to get bullied by older kids at primary school. This stopped happening after he had made some friends in his year, however I remember him staying off school a lot because he hated it so much. He wouldn’t let our mum leave him alone. It was quite scary to watch someone be petrifying by the idea of school, something I’ve never particularly disliked (although he and I went to very different schools). He made it though his primary years though, and by the end he was much more confident. His next task then was to move up to high school, and this also proved difficult for him. When he moved into his first year at high school, much older, bigger kids would tease and swear at him, and, for him, I think this was like a recurring nightmare. For several weeks he was quite shaky, however when he came out of it you could sense a change. He had become so much more unforgiving, so much older.
This was the biggest change in his attitude towards our mum and I, and he would get annoyed by everything we did, shouting verbal abuse all the time. He never did any work, and I think he just has no motivation. I can just imagine the thoughts running through his head, “No one’s ever helped me so why should I help them?“. This in itself is silly because our mum especially has always been very supportive of us. However I think there’s an interesting idea here.
Everyone goes on about kids entering their “teenage years” and how it will bring mayhem and so forth. This being said, I think the cause of this is because of all these new experiences. I think that people overestimate the stress capacity of such a young mind. I would know. I think that teachers should be more forgiving and helpful to young teens who find the whole experience of moving to a bigger school with older, bigger, often meaner kids very stressful and wearing. That should be the future.
Futures of other universes (blogs):
- Timeline Of The Far Future | AS I PLEASE
- Story Throw Up | Lewis Cave
- On July 30th I’ll Be Drawing A Blank | The Jittery Goat
- DP Daily Prompt: Predictions | Sabethville
- perhaps one out of | y
- future | yi-ching lin photography
- Daily Prompt: Predictions | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Daily Prompt: Predictions | Thoughts of an INFP
- 254. July 30, 2014 | Barely Right of Center
- Fate | Active Army Wife
- july 30, 2014 | Life Love Lily
- The thing I would like to do on day 211: Thanks to Allah | Write for learning
- Predictions – A Daily Prompt Post | My Little Avalon
- Daily Prompt: Predictions | Willow Blackbird
- Just messing about on the river: Daily prompt | alienorajt
- July 30th, 2014 « My journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon…and everything in between…
- Daily Prompt: Predictions | A Day In The Life
- After 211 days… | Read Me
- What the Heck Could I Doing On July 30th 2014 | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Der, Die, Das…Was? | Mishe en Place
- The Rock | L5GN
- Give Me A Break | Wanderlein
- A Bright Future | A mom’s blog
- Developing Prediction Senses | Ako Si Ehm Blog
- “Predictions” | Relax
- Hump Day, Metathesis, and Discipleship | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Predictions | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Predictions | Finding Life
- As I look into the Crystal Ball | Unlocking The Inner Creative
- Daily Prompt: Predictions | Basically Beyond Basic
- The business of writing | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Through the Looking | One Starving Activist
- Will They Come True? | Flowers and Breezes
- Predictions | Geek Ergo Sum
- Predictions: July 30th | A Patchwork Life
- In the Future | One Crazy Mom
- Guest Blog Post by Precious and Coco (Kitty Cats): How To Be The Perfect Cat Person
- 211/365 | The Colours of Confetti
- of unwanted complications « Anawnimiss
- Chasing Dreams | Real Life Co.
- I can predict the future! | Love.Books.Coffee.
- The Future | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: Predictions | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Predictions – Hoping for major advances in the HIV field while saying goodbye to Australia « psychologistmimi
- Pee Here Now Part 2/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: Predictions/Future | A Taste of Morning
- Daily Prompt: Life on day 211 | Life’s So Sweet